Apple Cranberry Bake
Momma Pearson's Apple Cranberry Bake - Veganized
This recipe is something Heather looks forward to every Thanksgiving and Christmas. I had it for the first time three Thanksgivings ago, and it is now a must for me as well. This year, Heather made a special vegan apple cranberry bake for us. We ate it over Smokey Maple Tempeh, which was crazy good! It's a bit sweet but the perfect combination! You could eat this as a side, dessert, or on top of your meat replacement. For those of you who are not vegan, her family eats it with turkey.
It's pretty simple:
2 cups of cranberries
1 cup of sugar
2 cup of oats
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
4 tbsp melted vegan butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Dice six apples and place in a large bowl - We use Gala apples
3. Add 2 cups of cranberries (Just buy the bag of whole cranberries)
4. Add 1 cup of sugar and stir mixture. Pour mixture in casserole dish.
5. In a separate bowl, mix 2 cup of oats, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, and 4 tbsp melted vegan butter. It will be clumpy.
6. Add clumpy mixture on top of the apple dish.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
8. Serve warm and as a side, dessert, or on top of your meat replacement.
We sadly did not get a picture of the casserole dish when it was done cooking. It was scooped up and placed on plates faster than we could snap a picture! Heather did however get a picture of it on top of her smokey maple tempeh and pilled high with other treats from our incredible vegan & gluten free Christmas dinner.